tourist visa

This visa lets you visit Australia to visit or for business visitor purposes for up to three, six or 12 months.

You might be able to get this visa if you are travelling to Australia:

As a visitor

For business visitor activities

To visit family

Visitor Visa (Subclass 600)

This visa is for temporary entry of people for tourism or business visitor purposes.

There are two streams which can be applied for outside Australia:

Tourist Stream

For people to visit Australia temporarily for a holiday, to visit relatives or friends or for other short-term non-work purposes, including study for less than three months.

Business Stream

For applicants seeking to engage in business visitor activities including:

Making general business or government enquiries,

Contract negotiations,

Government visits

Attending conferences, seminars, job interviews or professional examinations.

Note: The Temporary Work (Short Stay Activity) visa (subclass 400) is the appropriate visa for:

Performing work for organisations or persons based in Australia

Sales of good or services directly to the general public (retail activity)

Online Visas

Certain passport holders are also eligible to apply for a Visitor visa online.